Early Childhood Accelerator Simulation Model
September 14, 2022
This simulation modeling and costing tool will support countries in estimating needs to ensure universal access to pre-primary education in line with SDG 4.2. It also provides a detailed outlook of the human, infrastructural, and financial resources needed to meet country targets for the provision of Early Childhood Education (ECE) as defined by national Education Sector Plans (ESP). This document provides a step-by-step guide for using the tool. The key features include:
1. Enabling countries to estimate requirements to ensure achievement of SDG 4.2 targets.
2. Enabling countries to comprehensively assess the resource requirements associated with subsector strategies and targets articulated in ESP or other subsector planning processes.
3. Projects enrolment figures through 2030 and associated human resource, material, and infrastructure requirements.
4. Calculates gaps in resource requirements.
5. The model incorporates various ECE enrollment policy scenarios (1-year, 2-year and 3- within a single template.