Tool 2.4: Checklist
Review and Strengthen the ECE Section(s) of the Education Sector Analysis (ESA) Report
© GPE/Chantal Rigaud
Using this tool will support ECE Technical Working Groups (ECE TWG) answer three questions:
1. Are the key, available ECE data included in the Education Sector Analysis (ESA) report?
2. Are the data analyzed in a concise and thorough manner in the ESA report?
3. Are ECE problems/issues and gaps clearly identified and concisely prioritized?
Using this tool will enable ECE Technical Working Group (TWG) to strengthen the ECE analysis that will be included in the Education Sector Analysis (ESA) report including:
Ensuring the inclusion of key and relevant ECE evidence
Ensuring a thorough and detailed presentation and critical analysis of available ECE data and data trends
Summarizing and prioritizing the most important subsector problems/issues and gaps
When to Use this Tool
Using this tool will help the ECE TWG ensure that ECE is well integrated into the Education Sector Analysis (ESA) report.
This tool may be used:
- To support developing a robust outline for ECE chapter(s) of your ESA after priority ECE data has been agreed upon and analyzed;
- After ECE section(s) of the ESA are developed based on the outline, to review and further refine the ECE section(s) and ensure their comprehensiveness, to the extent possible, with ECE data available.
- After revising the ECE section(s) to confirm and validate the comprehensiveness of the ECE section(s) of the ESA.
This tool may also be used by ECE stakeholders in other non-Education Sector Planning (ESP) contexts. For example, the Tool may be useful when developing ECE section(s) of programme proposals, or entire proposals, or designs for ECE programme models in a variety of development and humanitarian contexts.
Because the education sector plan builds on the findings of the Education Sector Analysis (ESA), the ESA report must include a detailed analysis of the ECE subsector. The ECE components of the ESA report will be built out based on synthesizing data from the available ECE evidence base.
Before getting started on drafting the ECE components of the ESA, make sure to: